A not-too-sweet recipe which makes the fruit the star of this fluffy and moreish tea-time loaf.
- 185g plain flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter, melted
- 50g packed brown sugar
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 mashed bananas
- A couple of handfuls of fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius
- Grease and flour a loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the milk, egg, vanilla and fruit and mix until just combined.
- Finish with a quick stir-in of the maple syrup
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.*
*Cooking time varies. I have a small oven which generally means quicker bake time. My loaf cooks in about 35-40 minutes with some tin foil introduced half way to ensure the top doesn’t burn. I would estimate a cook time closer to an hour for conventional sized ovens.
One thought on “Banana Blueberry Bread ”
Love blueberry bread!